Three die from electrocution in Ctg

Published: June 11, 2018 17:54:29 | Updated: June 12, 2018 12:41:07


Three people, including a minor girl, died from electrocution in different parts of port city Chattogram on Sunday night.

Zahurul Islam, sub-inspector of Chattogram Medical College Hospital (CMCH) police camp, said Fatema AkterMeem, 8, a resident of Bakolia area, died from electrocution while passing through stagnant rain water which was electrified by a snapped electric line around 10 pm.

In another incident, Saidul Islam, 19, a college student, died from electrocution when he came in contact with a snapped electric wire on Kadamtoli flyover while he was returning to his Dewanhat residence on foot in the midnight, said SI Zahirul, reports BSS.

Besides, an unidentified young man, aged about 22, came in contact with a live electric wire while working for illumination in the New Market area and died on the spot.

The bodies were taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital morgue.

Share if you like