The US Embassy maintains good diplomatic relations between the United States and Bangladesh.
The 2023 Study of United States Institute (SUSI) Scholars Program is a popular annual program that invites highly motivated professionals to undertake six weeks of studies at a US academic institution to enrich their scholarly studies.
Benefits and Program Details:
Scholarships will be offered under the following six thematic institutes which will include a four-week academic residency component and up to two weeks of an integrated study tour to another region of the United States:
- The Institute on American Politics and Political Thought will provide highly motivated foreign university faculty and other specialists insight into how intellectual and political movements have influenced American political institutions and American democracy. The Institute will explore the shaping of American identity and the chemistry between that identity and U.S. history, politics, and the democratic process.
- The Institute on Contemporary American Literature will provide highly motivated foreign university faculty and practitioners with a deeper understanding of U.S. society and culture, past and present, through an examination of contemporary American literature. The Institute will examine how major contemporary writers, schools, and movements reflect the evolution of U.S. literature.
- The Institute on Journalism and Media will provide highly motivated foreign journalism instructors and other related specialists with a deeper understanding of the role that journalism and the media play in U.S. society. The Institute will examine the role of journalists in recognizing and preventing disinformation and will explore strategies for media and information literacy to counter disinformation.
- The Institute on S. Culture, Identity, and Society will provide highly motivated foreign university faculty and other specialists with a deeper understanding of U.S. society, culture, values, and institutions through the lens of diversity and national unity. The Institute will examine the ethnic, racial, social, economic, political, and religious contexts in which various cultures have manifested in U.S. society while focusing on the ways in which these cultures have influenced social movements and American identity throughout U.S. history.
- The Institute on S. Economics and Sustainable Development Business will provide foreign university faculty, researchers, experts, and policymakers with a deeper understanding of key components and structures of the U.S. economy.
- The Institute on S. Foreign Policy will provide experienced foreign university faculty and practitioners with a deeper understanding of new approaches to U.S. foreign policy and how U.S. foreign policy is formulated and implemented. The Institute will explain the role of key influences on U.S. foreign policy including the executive and legislative branches of government, the media, the U.S. public, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, and multilateral institutions.
- highly motivated mid-career scholars and professionals generally from institutions of higher education or research-focused organizations (not-for-profits, think tanks, etc.)
Application Deadline: 17 December 2022
Interested applicants can check this link for details - https://cutt.ly/41JIItK