A massive fire, that broke out at a jute mill in Manik Chalk area in Sadar upazila of Bogra on Wednesday morning, was doused.
The fire originated from electric short circuit at the warehouse of Khandaker Jute Mill around 9:30 am, Station master of Bogra Fire Service & Civil Defence Bazlur Rashid said.
Acting on a tip-off, four fire-fighting units rushed in and doused the flame after two hours of frantic efforts.
No causalities were reported in the incident.
The owner of the jute mill claimed that jute worth about Tk 30 million (3 crore) were gutted in the fire, according to a UNB report.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express