At least 12 shops were gutted as a fire broke out at Baniakhali Bazar in Dumuria upazila of Khulna on Tuesday night.
Locals said the fire originated from electric short circuit at a shop around 10 pm, soon it
engulfed the adjacent shops.
On information, one firefighting unit rushed to the spot and doused the flame after one hour of frantic efforts said Khan Ali Mansur, Chairman of Dumuria upazila.
Traders claimed that the estimated losses caused by the fire would be worth of Tk 50 lakh, reports UNB.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express