Five of a family burned in Sylhet fire

Published: August 29, 2018 21:34:51


Five members of a family suffered burn injuries in a fire that broke out at a house at Rahimpur village under Biswanath upazila in Sylhet early Wednesday.

The victims are Faruk Miah, 55, his wife Champa Begum, 45, their daughter Ripa Begum, 18, son Emad Miah, 14, Imran Miah 12.

Officer-in-charge of Biswanath Police Station M Shamsuddoha said the fire originated from a burning mosquito coil in the early hours.

The family members sustained burn injuries as they were asleep during the fire incident, he said.

The injured were taken to Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College Hospital, reports UNB.

 

Share if you like