At least 20 workers were injured as a fire broke out at a jute mill in Sharsha upazila of Jashore on Saturday.
The fire started around 1 am in Afil Jute Weaving Mill owned by Sheikh Afil Uddin, a member of parliament from Jessore-1 constituency, said Manoranjan Sarkar, assistant director of Benapole fire service.
The flames were bought under control after a strenuous effort of six firefighting units from Jashore, Jhikargacha and Benapole fire service, he said.
Of the injured workers, Akher Ali was admitted to Jashore General Hospital with severe burn injury while others were released after giving primary medications, he said.
Three warehouses of the mill were gutted in the fire, said Abdul General Manager of Afil Jute Mill.
"We suspect the fire originated from an electric short circuit. The extent of damages can be confirmed after proper investigation, said fire service official Manoranjan Sarkar.