Loading...
The Financial Express

Bomb blast leaves three dead in Kabul

| Updated: March 18, 2018 13:51:10


File Photo (Collected) File Photo (Collected)

At least three people were killed and two others injured in an apparent attack on a foreign contractor company in the Afghan capital Kabul on Saturday.

Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman Najib Danesh said all those killed and wounded in the explosion were civilians with no casualties among the contractors, reports Reuters.

Police officials said the exact cause of the explosion was being investigated and there was no immediate claim of responsibility.

While the latest blast was relatively minor compared with others that have killed scores of people recently, the constant stream of attacks in Kabul has undermined confidence in the Western-backed government of President Ashraf Ghani.

Earlier this week, General John Nicholson, the top US commander in Afghanistan, said security in Kabul would be “the main effort” for international powers helping Afghan defence and security forces.

Share if you like