Loading...
The Financial Express

COVID-19: Global death toll hits 14,655

Published: March 23, 2020 13:56:53 | Updated: March 23, 2020 17:12:26


A woman wears a protective mask in downtown Rome, Italy, February 28, 2020. — Reuters/Files A woman wears a protective mask in downtown Rome, Italy, February 28, 2020. — Reuters/Files

The death toll from COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus SARS-Cov-2, has reached 14,655 globally.

It has so far infected 337,570 people around the world, UNB reported citing worldometer.com that provides real-time statistics over diverse topics.

Of them, 224,031 are currently being treated with 10,553 in serious or critical condition.

So far, 113,539 cases had outcomes and of them, 98,884 (87 per cent) recovered and the rest, or 13 per cent, died.

Bangladesh has so far reported two deaths from coronavirus and 27 infected cases.

On March 08, the IEDCR, or Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control and Research, announced for the first time the detection of three Covid-19 patients in Bangladesh.

COVID-19 has so far affected 192 countries and territories around the world and an international conveyance.

The WHO, or World Health Organization, on March 11 declared the coronavirus crisis a pandemic.

Share if you like