National
3 months ago

Govt not involved with July Revolution manifesto: Chief Adviser’s press secretary

File Photo
File Photo

Published :

Updated :

The interim government is not involved with the upcoming July Revolution manifesto, which the Anti-Discrimination Student Movement plans to announce on 31 December, a spokesperson has said.

Chief Adviser’s Press Secretary Md. Shafiqul Alam told reporters on Sunday that the government considers the manifesto a private initiative. 

“This is a private effort, and we see it as such,” he said at a briefing outside the state guesthouse Jamuna. “The government has no role in this. Those supporting it are backing a private initiative.” 

Earlier in the day, at a press conference, the Anti-Discrimination Student Movement said it will reveal the manifesto at the Central Shaheed Minar in Dhaka city at 3pm on 31 December. The announcement aims to “bury” what they called the Mujibist Constitution of 1972, according to movement leaders.

Graffiti of Hasina to be announced ‘Monument of Hate’

The graffiti of former Prime Minister and Awami League leader Sheikh Hasina at Dhaka University will be declared a “Monument of Hate,” said Mr Alam.

When asked about the removal of Sheikh Hasina’s graffiti at Dhaka University, Deputy Press Secretary Abul Kalam Azad Majumder explained that the removal was due to a misunderstanding.

He added that the university authorities have confirmed they will restore the graffiti. Moreover, under the university law, all such memorials, including the graffiti of Sheikh Hasina from the July Revolution, will be preserved on campus.

Share this news