National
3 months ago

No documents from five ministries were burnt in Secretariat fire, says probe chief

Published :

Updated :

Nasimul Gani, Senior Secretary of the Ministry of Home Affairs and head of the high-level investigation committee formed to probe the fire at the Secretariat, has confirmed that no documents from five ministries were burned in the incident.

He said that while there were concerns about the potential loss of important documents in the fire, in reality, no documents were harmed. The fire did not reach the areas where the ministries' documents are stored.

Gani shared this information during a press briefing in front of the Jamuna State Guesthouse on Tuesday evening (December 31).

The head of the investigation committee further informed that committee members had visited various ministries and confirmed that no documents had been burned.

He also mentioned that each ministry is individually inspecting whether any important documents were damaged. Additionally, the ministries are separately assessing the extent of the damage to their offices.

Regarding the total financial loss caused by the fire at the Secretariat, Gani said that the exact figure is not yet known.

Share this news