Promotion of 193 deputy secys ‘obscure’: BNP

Published: December 23, 2017 16:09:59 | Updated: December 23, 2017 19:24:13


File photo


BNP on Saturday has said the recent promotion of 193 deputy secretaries and its equivalent officials to joint secretaries is confusing.

BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi said this while speaking at a press conference at the party's Nayapaltan central office on Saturday.

"A gazette notification was issued on Thursday night about the promotion of 193 officials.

He also alleged that the government has put the existence of then administration at stake by destroying its neutrality through widespread politicisation.

It's a mysterious and unprecedented move which stirred up many questions and created doubt among all quarters," said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi

On Thursday night, the government promoted 193 officials to the post of joint secretaries attaching them to the Public Administration Ministry as officers on special duty.

Rizvi alleged that many competent and deserving officials who had been there in the fit-list of Superior Selection Board (SSB) were not promoted. "Several hundred talented and eligible officials were deprived of promotion this time as well. Many of them are voicing anger and frustration for not being evaluated."

He alleged that the government has destroyed the balance in the administration by appointing ineligible officials to the important posts depriving the competent ones of promotion.

Reacting to the Home Minister's comment that missing people have started returning home due to law enforcers' active role, Rizvi asked the government to reveal who are behind making those people disappeared, reports UNB.

He said the repeated incidents of disappearance are the outcome of state-sponsored terrorism.

The BNP leader also urged the Home Minister to ensure the return of other missing people, including Ilais Ali, Chowdhury Alamand other leaders of BNP and its associate bodies, and other professionals. "The families of the missing people are still waiting for the return of their near and dear ones. Take steps for their safe return."

He also said the government is responsible for those have been made disappeared since 2008.

Referring to Awami League general secretary Obaidul Quader's comment that their party will return to power again, Rizvi questioned whether the ruling party has made another blueprint to hold a 2014-like lection.

He said Quader's remark manifested the government's plot over the next general election.

Share if you like