Almost 80 per cent of people who died in Covid-19 in Bangladesh did not take the coronavirus vaccine, according to the director general of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).
DG of the DGHS Dr. ABM Khurshid Alam on Monday revealed the information while speaking at an online press conference organised by the DGHS in the wake of the rapid rise in Covid-19 infections across the country.
Responding to a question at the press conference, the director-general of the health department said, “80 per cent of the people affected by Covid-19 had not been vaccinated against corona and the remaining 20 per cent were affected by various chronic diseases.”
He said the health department doesn't have any information yet on whether any people had died of the omicron variant. Genome sequencing takes 14-15 days to confirm any deaths to which variant caused the infection.