A fierce fire gutted twelve shops at Caraboi Bazar of Sewla Union in Beanibazar upazila of Sylhet on early Sunday.
According to local sources, the fire originated from an electric short circuit from a store around 1:00 am at Mozammel Ali Market.
Locals rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control after hours of frantic efforts.
The victims claimed that the estimated loss caused by the fire was around Tk 50 million (50 lakh), reports a news agency.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express