Country
24 days ago

Two siblings die from electrocution in Pirojpur

Published :

Updated :

Two siblings died from electrocution at Uribunia village in Nesarabad upazila of Pirojpur district on Saturday.

The deceased were identified as Enam Haque, 20 and Nadim Haque, 24—two sons of Aynal Haque of the village, reports UNB.

HM Shahin, officer-in-charge of Nesarabad Police Station, said Ripon Mia, a farmer, set an electric rat control trap on his land adjacent to a canal.

Enam and Nadim went to the canal adjacent to the land to catch fish on Friday night.

As they were unaware of the trap they got electrocuted when they stepped into into  land while fishing.

Local people found both of them in unconscious condition on Saturday morning and informed police, said local UP member Md Mizan.

On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to a local hospital morgue for autopsy.

Share this news