Loading...

250 Bangladeshis moved to safe zone in Libya

FE Online Desk | Published: April 18, 2019 14:15:13 | Updated: April 19, 2019 09:24:15


— Collected

Some 250 Bangladeshis stranded in the conflict zone of Libya, a north African country, have been moved to a safe zone.

"We have evacuated them after they sought help," said Ashraful Islam, first secretary of Bangladesh embassy in Tripoli.

Given that Libya is conflict-torn, he said, there is an instruction that if any Bangladeshi there wants to return home, the embassy should arrange for it free of cost, local media reports say.

The embassy official said, “So far, 12 Bangladeshis have wished to go home. We are making the process to send them home."

According to the Bangladesh embassy in Libya, a total of 20,000 Bangladeshis are now staying in that country.

Share if you like