A fierce fire broke out at a building in city’s Mirpur area early Wednesday, burning a seven-month old boy to death and leaving his parents injured.
The deceased was identified as Tamim while the injured are Manik, 35 and his wife Mina, 28, says a UNB report.
Rashed Shikdar, duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence central control room said, originating from a cigarette butt, the fire broke out at the ground floor of a four-storey building around 11:45 and soon it was spread all over the room due to the leakage of gas line.
The baby and his parents were taken to the Burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where the doctor declared Tamim dead around 1:30am.
The injured were undergoing treatment at the DMCH Burn unit, the officer added.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express