Couple electrocuted in Rangamati

Published: September 17, 2017 17:53:28 | Updated: October 24, 2017 07:43:25


A couple died from electrocution at Bogachhari in Naniarchar upazila of Rangamati on Sunday.

 

The deceased were identified as Khorshed Miah and his wife Rasheda Begum, reports UNB.

 

Shafiqul Islam, assistant inspector of Naniarchar Police Station, said the tin-shed house of Khorshed got electrified as a wire of Mohalchhari-Naniarchar grid line fell on its roof during a storm early in the morning.

 

Later, Khorshed got electrocuted while trying to come out of the house. Her wife met the same fate as she tried to rescue Khorshed. They died on the spot.

 

On information, a team of Rangamati Power Distribution Department went to the spot in the morning.

 

Later, police recovered the bodies.

Share if you like