Goldsmiths, University of London is offering 5 fully-funded scholarships, supported by the British Council, for female students studying on an eligible programme from one of the countries listed in the Eligibility section below.
The Scholarships have been created with the aim to help address the under-representation of women in STEM. Applicants will be required to demonstrate how studying on one of the selected Goldsmiths programmes will support their future career advancement and/or capacity-building and socio-economic advancement of their country.
Applicants will also be required to demonstrate their financial needs and how they would support and inspire future generations of women to pursue a career in STEM fields.
Host Country: The United Kingdom
Host University: Goldsmiths, University of London
Nationality: International (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka)
Number of Awards: 5
Degree Level: Master’s
- These are fully funded scholarships.
- Each scholarship covers full tuition fees, a monthly stipend for a year and a return flight.
- It also covers other related costs including the IELTS exam fee, visa application and NHS surcharge.
- MSc User Experience Engineering (link - https://cutt.ly/YI90HGy)
- MA/MSc Virtual and Augmented Reality (link - https://cutt.ly/3I90ZP1)
- MA Ecology, Culture & Society (link - https://cutt.ly/oI900Lk)
- MA Social Entrepreneurship (link - https://cutt.ly/hI92fhG)
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Be a woman.
- Have received and accepted an offer to study for one of the eligible programmes by 11:59 pm (GMT) on Friday 1 April 2022.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university partner by the time you submit your application and be due to start your postgraduate programme in the UK in 2022.
- Have not previously studied at a degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK.
- Meet the English language requirement.
- Demonstrate case for financial support.
Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your scholarship award has ended.
- You are active in the field with work experience or with a proven interest in the programme area you are applying for.
- You are willing to demonstrate your future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education and returning to your home country.
- You can demonstrate a plan and passion to engage other women and girls in STEM from your home country.
- You agree that your personal data is being shared with the British Council as a condition of applying for the bursary. If you are awarded a scholarship, you agree to maintain contact with the British Council act as an ambassador for the UK and engage with activities as part of a British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM alumnus during and after your study in the UK. Any involvement in these activities during your study in the UK will take up no more than five hours per term.
Year of entry: September 2022
Application Deadline: 11.59 pm (GMT) on Friday 1 April 2022
Application Link: Eligible applicants can apply through this link: https://cutt.ly/BI90llt
Please visit this link for further critical details: https://cutt.ly/CI90PZF