The University of Technology Sydney is a public research university located in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Overview of the University :
The university is regarded as one of the world's leading young universities (under 50 years old), ranked 1st in Australia and 8th in the world by the 2022 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings.
UTS is a founding member of the Australian Technology Network and is a member of Universities Australia and the Worldwide Universities Network.
- Country: Australia
- Host: Australian Government RTP
- Study level: Masters by Research / Doctorate Degree
- Type: Funded / Fully Funded
- Gender: Males and Females
- No of Awards: Unspecified
- Award Taken in: Australia
- Target: International Student
Eligibility for University of Technology Sydney (UTS) Research Scholarships:
- Nationality: International students are Eligible to Apply for this Scholarship Program.
- Applicants must be commencing a full-time program for master's by research or Ph.D. programs at UTS.
- Applicants must be undertaking any of the research areas identified by the university.
- Applicants must not hold a research qualification as regards the university, which is equivalent to an Australian master's by research or doctorate.
- Must have not been awarded an Australian scholarship within the last two years.
- Have not obtained UTS IRS for a research doctorate at the University for both master's and doctorate degrees.
- Applicants must complete their application before the deadline, as incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
- Be a holder of an international student visa, meeting requirements as specified by the Department of home affairs, including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard overseas student health cover policy approved by the Commonwealth and government Department of Health.
- Scholarship for Master by Research and Doctorate Degree at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is 2 years (Master by research) and 3 -3.5 years (Doctorate).
Benefits of UTS International Research Scholarships 2023:
- The IRS only covers tuition fees under a doctoral or master's by research degree. It does not provide for the cost of standard Overseas Health Cover (OSHC), Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF), living allowance, travel, conference attendance, medical and other costs associated with the issue or renewal of a student visa, thesis expenses, the cost of English language testing, tuition fees for bridging English language courses, or costs associated with study-related field trips.
- Applicants can also take Work while undergoing IRS Degree programs if only it will not interfere with Study.
- There is a Minimal Level of Academic Insurance offered by UTS for personal accidents for enrolled students.
- Academic merit of the applicant.
- Research and other relevant experience of the applicant.
- Publications record of the applicant.
- Relevance of the proposed research to the University’s research strengths.
Application procedure for the University of Technology Sydney RTP Scholarships:
- Applicants Interested in the University of Technology Sydney (UTS) International Research Scholarship 2023-2024 can follow the application process here: https://tinyurl.com/56v3mz52 .
- Application closing date for the International Research Scholarship (IRS) at the University of Technology Sydney is 31st July 2023.
Other scholarships at UTS:
UTS President’s Scholarship (UTSP): The UTS President’s Scholarship (UTSP) is offered by the University to selected international students of exceptional research potential to undertake a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS). The scholarship is provided to assist with general living costs.
- Benefits include $28,854 (currently tax-free), $420 for a master's by research thesis, and $840 for a Ph.D., Leave Entitlement (additional paid sick leave), and Paid Employment.
- Application link: https://tinyurl.com/2wh6vfa
Official website: https://tinyurl.com/3ydpk9sj