Magician Moniruzzaman Liton, who was severely wounded in a fire at his Kalabagan residence a week ago, has died.
He passed away during treatment at the burns unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital at 11am on Monday, said Kalabagan thana OC AFM Asaduzzaman, reports bdnews24.com.
On Aug 05, a fire broke out on the second floor of a four-storey building in Kalabagan’s Box-Culvert Road, injuring Liton, his wife Tumpa Akter, 30, and their two children Laiba and Liban, aged seven years and eight months, respectively.
“It initially appeared that an electrical malfunction triggered a fire in the AC. The family was burnt when the fire subsequently spread.”
The family was rescued by their neighbours and rushed to DMCH. Liton had 46 per cent of his body burnt, Tumpa 25 per cent, Laiba 17 per cent while Liban suffered seven per cent burns.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express