National
7 months ago

Complaint filed against Hasina, 32 journalists, 20 others with International Criminal Tribunal

The accused include ex-PM Hasina and 32 journalists

Published :

Updated :

A complaint has been lodged against 52 people, including former Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and 32 journalists, with the investigation agency of the International Criminal Tribunal for the killings during the Anti-Discrimination Student Movement in July and early August.

The journalists have been made accused for allegedly instigating the murders.

Golam Razzak, the father of Nasif Hasan Riyad, who was killed during the movement filed the complaint on Thursday (August 29).

His lawyer Gazi H Tamim told the media that Nafis was shot dead during a victory procession on Shyamoli Ring Road in the capital.

Tamim said that the journalists who joined Sheikh Hasina’s press meet on August 3 instigated the murders.

They include Naemul Islam Khan, Shyamal Dutta, Naem Nizam, Iqbal Sobahan Chowdhury, Farida Yasmin, Shakeel Ahmed, Farzana Rupa Masuda Bhatti, Nijhum Mazumder, Navnita Chowdhury, Subhash Singh Roy, Tushar Abdullah, Prabhas Amin, Zahid Ahsan Pintu, Manjrul Ahsan, Ajay Das, Soma Islam and Mithila Farzana.

Earlier on August 14, complaints were lodged against 10 individuals and organisations, including Sheikh Hasina, were filed in the Tribunal for crimes against humanity including murders, torture, and other crimes committed during the Anti-Discrimination Student movement.

Share this news