At least 14 dwelling houses were gutted in a fire that broke out at Bashpotti slum in Dhaka's Chwakbazar area early Friday.
Nazma Akter, duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defence control room, said the fire originated from electric short circuit at a house around 6:05am and spread soon.
On information, three firefighting units went to the spot and extinguished the blaze around 7:15am.
The fire gutted valuables worth around Tk 1.0 million (10 lakh).
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express