Some 30 houses were gutted in a fire that broke out in Tabalchhari BADC Colony of Rangamati city on Monday night.
Fire service sources said the fire originated from a candle inside a house of the colony around 10:00pm and it soon engulfed the adjacent houses.
On information, fire fighting team rushed in and doused the flame after one and half hours of frantic efforts. Three persons were injured while trying to extinguish the fire, according to a news agency report.
The estimated loss caused by the fire is around Tk 5.0 million, claimed the victims.
Meanwhile, Rangamati Deputy Commissioner Mohammad Manzurul Mannan, mayor Akbar Hossain Chowdhury visited the spot.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express