Fire breaks out in Rangamati gutting shops, rooms

Published: July 24, 2018 11:37:25 | Updated: July 24, 2018 15:17:11


Illustration used for representation

Five shops and two rooms were gutted in a fire at Bonrupa market in Rangamati district town early Tuesday.

Deedarul Islam, assistant director of Rangamati Fire Service and Civil Defence, said the fire broke out from a kerosene stove of a hotel in the three-storey market building around 12:30 am and engulfed five shops in the ground floor and two rooms in the first floor.

On information, a fire-fighting unit rushed in and doused the fire after two and half hours of frantic efforts, reports UNB.

The extent of loss caused by the fire was estimated at Tk 3 million.

Share if you like