A fire raged through two tin-shed buildings of a government primary school in Manikganj district town on Friday noon, burning down valuables of the school.
It is being primarily assumed that the fire broke out from an electric short-circuit at around 12:00 pm, said Mizanur Rahman, assistant director of district fire service and civil defense.
On information, three fire fighting units rushed to the buildings of No 88 Government Primary School and managed to douse the flame at around 1:30 pm after one and half hours of frantic efforts, UNB reported.
The fire gutted all the furniture of 15 classrooms of the school. However, it did not spread to adjacent Shaheed Rafiq Govt Boys' School and no casualties were reported, said Headmaster Bazlur Rahman.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express