A fierce fire gutted around 58 shops and houses out at Korolyachhari Bazar in Langadu upazila of Rangamati on early Tuesday.
According to fire service sources, the fire originated from an electric short circuit around 1:00 am.
Acting on a tip-off, two fire fighting units from Dighinala and Khargrachhari rushed to spot and brought the fire under control after two hours of frantic efforts.
The victims claimed that the estimated loss caused by the fire was around TK 20 million (2 crore).
Executive magistrate of the upazila, Mehedi Hasan, visited the spot, reports UNB.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express