Five people died from electrocution in Chandpur and Barguna districts on Saturday.
In Chandpur, two people were electrocuted in Shahrasti Upazila on Saturday morning, reports UNB.
The deceased people were Sohag, 35 and Liton Hossain, 19 while the injured were Delwar Hossain, Kasem, Akkas and Md Sohag Mia. They all are from the same area and worked as carpenters.
Abdul Mannan, officer-in-charge of Shahrasti Model Police Station, said the workers came in contact with a live electric wire while carrying the roof of an old tin house near Bepari Bari of Hossainpur village in Tamta North Union of the Upazila around 11 am.
They were rushed to Shahrasti Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared Liton and Sohag dead on arrival, added the OC.
The injured were undergoing treatment at the health complex.
Police sent the bodies to Chandpur Sadar hospital for an autopsy, he said.
In Barguna, electrocution killed three people and injured another in the Dalua union of Barguna Sadar Upazila Saturday afternoon.
The deceased were identified as Helal, 24 his cousin Belayet, 25, and neighbour Robiul 15.
The injured Arif, 18 is now receiving treatment at Barishal hospital.
Arab Ali, DGM of Rural Electricity Barguna Zonal Office, said house owner Helal was removing his tin shed house along with others without disconnecting the electric connection.
At one stage, the electric meter broke down and a live electric wire fell on them, leaving three people dead on the spot, he added.