Gas pipeline blast burns three in Savar

Published: April 08, 2018 13:24:35 | Updated: April 10, 2018 11:32:45


Google map showing Savar Upazila

Three members of a family have received burn injuries after a gas line leakage led to a blast in Bhadail area of Ashulia in Savar on early Sunday.

The injured were identified as Alamgir, 40, his wife Afroza Khatun, 30, and their son Alamin, 12, hailing from Sherpur upazila in Bogura district.

Alamgir, a supervisor of Actor Garments and his wife Afroza, operator of Ria Garments, used to live in the rented ground floor flat of a three-storey building in the area, says a UNB report.

The blast occurred when Afroza went to the kitchen for putting fire on the stove around 5am, said Abdul Awal, Officer-in-Charge of Ashulia Police Station.

Soon after the explosion, fire engulfed the entire flat leaving the trio injured, he added.

Afroza received 70 percent burn injury while their son Alamin received 60 percent, said Dr Rezaul Haque, head of the Intensive Care Unit of Enam Medical Collge Hospital.

Share if you like