The man who sustained burn injuries of which his child and wife already died has met the same fate.
Thirty-five-year-old Manik, who was admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) with 95 per cent burn injuries, died around 6:30am early Thursday, said Bacchu Mia, sub-inspector of DMCH police camp.
Earlier, his seven-month-old boy Tamim was burnt to death and he along with his wife sustained serious injuries in the fire that broke out at a building in city's Mirpur area early Wednesday, according to a UNB report.
Later in the day, Manik's wife Mina, 28, succumbed to her injuries at the hospital around 2:15pm.
The fire, originated from a cigarette butt, broke out at the ground floor of a four-storey building around 11:45pm and spread soon, said Rashed Shikdar, duty officer of Fire Service and Civil Defense central control room.
The fire was spread all over the room due to the leakage of gas line, he said.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express