Nine shops were gutted in a fire at Hazirhat Bazar in Kamalnagar upazila of Lakshmipur on Tuesday midnight.
The fire originated from an electric short circuit at a cloth store around 12:00 am and it soon engulfed the adjoining eight other shops, said fire service sources.
Acting on a tip-off, two units of fire fighters, locals and police brought the fire under control after two hours of frantic efforts.
The affected owners claimed that the estimated loss caused by the fire is about Tk 100 million (10 crore), reports UNB.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express