At least six shops were gutted as a fire broke out in a shop at Pakapol intersection in Satkhira town on early Saturday.
The fire originated from electric short circuit around 2:30am and soon engulfed the adjacent shops, a news agency reported.
On information, two units of fire fighters from Satkhira Fire station went to the spot and doused the fire after half an hour effort, said Maruf Ahmed, officer- in-charge of Sadar Police Station.
He said the fire damaged five fruits shops and a cosmetics shop.
The estimated loss would be around Tk 2.0 million, said Shikeh Sabbir Hossain, one of affected shop owners
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express