The Financial Express

Two die ‘inhaling toxic gas’ in Savar

| Updated: October 15, 2019 20:26:30

Two die ‘inhaling toxic gas’ in Savar

Two workers died after ‘inhaling toxic gas’ in a water tank of a tannery at Savar Tannery Industrial Estate on Sunday morning.

One of the deceased was identified as Bappy, a tannery worker.

In-charge of Savar Tannery Industrial Estate police camp Inspector Emarat Hossain said an unidentified man went down the water tank of the tannery in the morning to clean it.

As he did not come back even after a long time, Bappy also climbed down the tank only to become unconscious.

The duo was rescued by other workers and taken to Enam Medical College Hospital where doctors declared them dead, UNB reported.

Officer-in-charge of Savar Model Police Station AAFM Sayed said they recovered the bodies and sent those to Shaheed Suhrawardy Medical College Hospital for autopsy.

He also said they were investigating the incident.

Share if you like