Two die, two hospitalised in Savar

Published: March 15, 2018 11:52:43 | Updated: March 16, 2018 12:43:41


Two young men died and two others fell sick reportedly after eating homemade 'halua' at a house next to Hashem Plaza, Ashulia in Savar early Thursday.

The deceased were identified as Zillu and Motaleb, workers of a nearby garment factory.

Dr Amjadul Haque, Savar Upazila Health Officer, said Zillu, Motaleb, Shamim and Farid cooked halua on Wednesday midnight and fell sick after eating it.

Relatives rushed them to Enam Medical College Hospital where Zillu and Motaleb died and Shamim and Farid were kept at Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital.

Physicians at the hospital alleged toxic ingredients in the pudding as the cause of deaths, reports UNB.

The victims hail from Tangail and Patuakhali regions, said hospital sources.

Share if you like

Filter By Topic