Two electrocuted in Joypurhat
August 16, 2017 04:52:23
October 24, 2017 07:52:48
Two people died in separate incidents of electrocution in Panchbibi upazila and Khetlal upazila on Tuesday.
In Panchbibi upazila, Golam Rabbani Sourav, 15, a resident of Nayapara village, received serious injuries after being electrocuted in the morning while he was hoisting the national flag with a rod.
Sourav succumbed to his injuries on the way to Joypurhat Modern Hospital, said officer in-charge of Panchbibi Police Station Kiron Kumar.
In Khetlal upazila, construction worker Jaker Hossain, 25, son of Mofazzal Hossain, hailing from Khalisagari village, got electrocuted as he came in contact with a live electric wire while working at the rooftop of Nuruzzaman in Panchbibi municipality.
Jaker was first taken to a local hospital, said officer-in-charge of Khetlal Police Station Suman Kumar Roy, adding, he died on the way to Bogra; according to UNB.