Two siblings among 3 die inhaling septic tank gas

Published: August 10, 2018 21:03:02 | Updated: August 11, 2018 13:11:52


Three people, including two siblings, died inhaling toxic gas in a septic tank in Khulshi area of Chattogram on Friday afternoon.

The deceased were identified as Imran Hossain Imu, 27, his brother Mohammad Sifat, 14, and Mohammad Rubel alias Danish, 16.

Shariful Alam, officer-in-charge of Khulshi Police Station, said a group of local boys was playing football in a field of Diesel Colony in the afternoon, reports UNB.

At one stage, the ball fell into the septic tank.

Sifat and Danish fell sick when they tried to pick the ball from the tank.

Later, Imran also fell sick as he tried to rescue them, said the OC.

The trio was taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) where doctors declared them dead, said Alauddin, sub-inspector of CMCH police camp.

Share if you like