A fire broke out at a cotton godown in Majukhan area of Gazipur on Saturday.
Md Atikur Rahman, senior officer of Tongi Fire Service Station said the fire broke out at a tin-shed cotton godown at 8:45am.
On information, four fire-fighting units from Tongi Fire Service and two from Uttara Fire Service rushed to the spot and doused the blaze within one hour, UNB reported quoting the official.
The fire might have originated from electric short circuit, Atikur said.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express