Loading...

Fire guts cotton mill, sawmill in Narail fire

Published: July 23, 2019 10:45:29 | Updated: July 23, 2019 12:43:33


Representational image

A cotton mill and a sawmill were gutted by a fire in Lohagara upazila of Narail on Monday, leaving a worker injured.

Witnesses said the fire originated at the cotton mill at Laxmipasha from an electric short circuit. It soon spread to nearby sawmill.

Two machines of the cotton mill and 60 tonnes of cotton, and timber, all worth Tk 2.0  million, were burned down in the fire, claimed cotton mill owner Jamir Uddin, reports UNB.

On information, a team of fire-fighters rushed in and brought the fire under control.

The injured worker was sent to Lohagara Upazila Health Complex.

Share if you like