Loading...

Fire guts jute godown in Chuadanga

Published: April 07, 2019 12:40:00 | Updated: April 08, 2019 17:45:10


A jute godown was gutted as a fire broke out in Pashurhat area of Alamdanga upazila, Chuadanga early on Sunday.

Police and Fire Service sources said the fire broke out at the godown of one Mohibul Islam of the area.

On information, three fire-fighting units rushed to the spot and extinguished the blaze following two hours' frantic effort, says a UNB report.

Abdus Salam, deputy director of Chuadanga Fire Service and Civil Defense, said one thousand maunds of jute were burnt down in the fire.

The fire was ignited from electric short circuit, he added.

 

Share if you like