Four members of a family die after electrocution

| Updated: September 19, 2021 09:52:02

Four members of a family die after electrocution

Four members of a family have died after being electrocuted at Shilmudi village in Bajra union of Sonaimuri Upazila in Noakhali on Friday.

The victims were identified as Abdur Rahim, Sumon (26), Md Jewel (18) and Yusuf (48).

Confirming the deaths, Bajra Union Parishad chairman Miron Aur Rashid said Abdur Rahim, a resident of the local Shaheed Maulana's house in Shilmudi village, fell into a paddy field next to his house on Friday evening, reports UNB.

He got electrocuted after touching an electricity pole while trying to keep balance.

When the three others stepped forward to rescue him, they too got electrocuted one after another.

The locals later rescued the four and brought them to the health complex of Bajra Upazila where the on-duty doctor declared them dead.

“An inquest into the bodies was completed. The family has applied to the district magistrate for burial without an autopsy,” Officer-in-Charge (OC) of Sonaimuri Police Station Mohammad Touhidul Islam said.


Share if you like