The Financial Express

Gas cylinder blast injures housewife

Published: June 10, 2017 11:00:52 | Updated: October 25, 2017 00:45:19

gas cylinder blast injures housewife


A housewife sustained burn injuries as a gas cylinder exploded at Pirojpur village in Ashashuni upazila of Satkhira district on Saturday.

The injured was identified as Tumpa Khatun, 27, wife of Saiful Islam, reports UNB.

The victim told reporters that the gas cylinder exploded when she was cooking for sehri and a fire broke out from the explosion, leaving her injured.

Shariful Islam, surgery specialist of Satkhira Sadar Hospital said Tumpa received 70 per cent burn injury and they referred the victim to burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital.

Share if you like