A shopkeeper was burned to death as a fire broke out in a shop at Koneshwar village in Damudya upazila of Shariatpur on Friday night.
The deceased was identified as Khorshed Shikder, 72, a resident of Koneshwar area, reports UNB.
Gopal Sarker, Damudya Fire Service Station officer said, the fire originated from a mosquito coil at 11:00 pm and gutted the shop, leaving Khorshed, who was asleep at the shop, dead.
On information, a fire service unit doused the fire and recovered the charred body from the shop.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express