Three workers of a readymade garment factory were injured in a fire that broke out in a six-storey building at East Kazipara in the capital city early Saturday.
The identities of the injured could not be known yet, reports UNB.
Mizanur Rahman, duty officer at the control room of Fire Service and Civil Defense, said that the fire broke out on the ground floor of the six-storey building due to electric short circuit around 3:17 am.
Locals rescued the three workers who sustained burn injuries and sent them to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), Rahman said.
Later, two units of firefighters reached the spot and brought the blaze under control after an hour of frantic efforts around 4:35 am.
The extent of loss caused by the fire was estimated at Tk 0.50 million, he added.
© 2017 - All Rights with The Financial Express