Two workers die after inhaling toxic gas in septic tank

Published: June 07, 2019 12:53:40 | Updated: June 08, 2019 11:15:37

Two construction workers died after inhaling toxic gas inside a septic tank at Tupipara in Sreepur upazila of Magura on Friday.

The deceased have been identified as Palash Roy, 27, son of Kumaresh Roy and Manirul Islam, 30, son of Gafur Biswas, says a news agency report.

Mahbubur Rahman, officer-in-charge of Sreepur Police Station, said that the workers entered the septic tank of Wahab Market in the area at around 9:30am and fell unconscious right away.

On information, a firefighting unit rescued the duo and took them to a local hospital where doctors pronounced them dead.

Share if you like