Benefits of using Aloe Vera gel on face and scalp
People often suggest using aloe vera gel on our face, body, and hair. But, unfortunately, if you don't have any proper knowledge about an ingredient and how to use it effectively, it won't do any help.
Benefits of using aloe vera gel
Undoubtedly, aloe vera gel is a fantastic ingredient to heal our skin and strengthen our hair strands. Aloe vera soothes sunburn and skin injuries by increasing collagen synthesis and cross-linking.
It contains aloin and anthraquinones, which have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can alleviate pain and promote healing. But aloe vera is suitable to heal mild to moderate injuries; severe injuries need more precise medication.
Aloe vera contains a humectant that helps hold the skin's water level. So it acts as a good skin moisturizer. In addition, it has cohesive effects by sticking together flaking epidermal skin cells, which results in softer and improved skin.
Aloesin in aloe vera gel is effective in reducing sun tan and hyperpigmentation. Aloin can destroy the melanin cells in pigmented cells by blocking the activity of tyrosinase, an enzyme responsible for melanin production.
Aloe vera contains naturally occurring salicylic acid, urea nitrogen, cinnamic acid, phenols, and sulfur which can prevent the growth of fungus, bacteria, and viruses.
Salicyclic acid is a powerful ingredient to dry acne and decrease redness and inflammation. Aloe vera's antiseptic and healing properties can help to soothe eczema by hydrating and protecting it from contaminants.
Aloe vera contains vitamins C and E; it is one reason for forming free radicals that can cause cell damage. It means the salicylic acid it contains acts as a gentle exfoliant, and if you remove dead cells properly, your skincare ingredients will penetrate deeper layers of your skin. This helps the ingredient to show its benefits effectively.
Vitamins A, C, and E in aloe vera contribute to cell turnover, promoting healthy cell growth and shiny hair. In addition, aloe vera gel's vitamin B12 and folic acids help prevent your hair from falling out.
Effective uses of aloe vera gel
- Cut the leaf from a live aloe vera plant. Wash it properly and by using a spoon, take all the gel into a bowl. Blend the gel with regular or essential oil. Rub the mixture gently into your scalp and let it be there for an hour. Use a mild shampoo to wash it off. Repeat this two to three times a week.
- Aloe vera gel can be applied as a good skin moisturizer. After cleaning your face properly, you can apply the natural homemade gel to your face. If you are allergic to this form, use the processed form available in skincare shops.
- Aloe vera gel can be used as a face massage gel. Gently rub your face upward to tighten your skin and improve your collagen production. You will have a calm and relaxed feeling after doing so. When you are done with 10 minutes of massage, wash it properly.
- You can make an aloe vera face mask by mixing aloe vera gel, rose water, essential oil, or other beneficial ingredients for your skin condition. Apply the mask evenly to your face and let it dry for twenty minutes. After that, wash with lukewarm water.
- To remove the dead skin cells, mix aloe vera and sugar and gently scrub your face in a circular motion with this pack twice a week.
By using this regularly, you can get rid of many skin and hair issues.