International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a globally renowned humanitarian agency, catering to the needs of people who suffer from humanitarian crises. IRC helps rebuild their lives and gives them development aid. It was founded by Albert Einstein in 1933.
Post: Technical Manager – Basic Education
- Ensure quality support to the partner level for effective project implementation.
- Develop teaching learning materials based on the identified needs and coordinating education sector guidance.
- Develop training needs assessment tools, conduct training needs assessment, and plan capacity development activities.
- Conduct and facilitate training and workshops.
- Develop different tools and guidelines, conduct orientation, and follow up implementations at the ground level.
- Assess children’s progress on learning outcomes and recommend necessary initiatives for improvement.
- Identify good practices from community people on teaching learning materials development and replication of those good practices
- Regular quality monitoring to the field level.
- Support on preparing visibility materials like case study, success story and incorporate in the reporting.
- Prepare reports as per donor requirement.
- Close coordination and contribution in education sector working groups.
- Any other relevant tasks assigned from IRC management.
Major Challenges/Difficulties of this role:
- Should be willing to travel to project areas (Camps & Host) on a regular basis.
- Understanding and sensitivity of the local context.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Employment Status: Full-time
Working Hours: Not specified
Workplace: Work at office
- Post Graduate degree from any reputed University.
- Post graduate degree on Education will be preferable.
Experience Requirements (Including sector/industry):
- Total at least 5 years of experience and 3 years NGO/INGOs working experience with Education program.
- At least 2 years working experience in Rohingya context under education program.
- Specific experience on participating education sector working groups will be preferred.
- Language Proficiency:
- Speaking fluency in English and Bangla
- Strong writing skill both in English and Bangla.
- Understanding of local dialects will be an additional value.
Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies Required:
- Experience of working with refugees and vulnerable groups of people.
- Understanding and sensitivity to the needs of people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to meet deadlines and able to work under pressure.
- Responsiveness to queries and referrals as and when needed and able to manage a varying workload.
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Computer skills for MS office.
Job Location: Ukhia
Salary: as per company policy
Application Deadline: 28 February 2022
- Apply through the official International Rescue Committee website here - https://cutt.ly/CPIaOjy
For further details about International Rescue Committee, visit this link - https://cutt.ly/uPIaKLi