WaterAid is a UK Charity organization operating in Bangladesh.
Vacancy: Not specified
Vacancy Type: Contractual
Role: Policy Advocacy Expert
- Analyzing and supporting the understanding of Bangladesh’s Laws, Policies, Strategies, Guidelines, and Frameworks related to Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene.
- Supporting WaterAid Bangladesh to understand the overall WASH governance process, mechanisms, and instruments at the national and sub-national levels.
- Support programs to integrate policy and governance aspects of universal access to WASH into programs/projects, especially at the local government level [City Corporation, Municipality, Zilla, Upazilla, and Union Parishad]
- Work with the government systems/ministries that are responsible for universal access to WASH and work with/influence other sector actors (INGOs, national NGOs, and donors) to design and implement inclusive and effective universal access to WASH centred interventions into existing/new WASH programs/projects and communications.
- Support program, technical, and communications staff to design and implement locally owned hygiene behaviour campaigns to respond to universal access to WASH.
- Support programs/projects to design and implement projects that improve the quality of universal access to WASH.
- Support programs to work with WASH sector service providers to model inclusive and sustainable services, and advocate for increased WASH investments and performance measures in national WASH systems data.
- Support WaterAid Bangladesh’s work to promote ownership and responsibilities for universal access to WASH by working with GoB entities and decision makers to embed universal access to WASH in all aspects including WASH systems strengthening, GoB planning, and monitoring.
- Support the business development department to design and develop impactful projects that promote universal access to WASH for the citizens of Bangladesh, particularly providing inputs into how policies related to providing access to WASH can be strengthened and how governance structures and mechanisms can be enhanced for universal access to WASH for the citizens of Bangladesh.
- Take forward the existing work of WaterAid Bangladesh about universal access to WASH-related initiatives such as the WASH policy advocacy-related work with the MoLGRDandC and various networks. S/he will support the advocacy and communication initiative of WaterAid Bangladesh to promote these issues at the national level (With GoB, INGOs, NGOs, donors) and international level and within the WaterAid international structures.
- Support to build the capacity and knowledge of WaterAid Bangladesh’s staff and partner staff in matters relating to policy and governance issues of universal access to WASH.
- Lead in documenting the learnings of policy and governance-related work of programs/projects of WaterAid Bangladesh with inputs from program colleagues for internal and external circulation.
- Enhance her/his knowledge of WaterAid Bangladesh’s universal access to WASH-related programs/projects through field visits, discussion with staff, and reading past documents.
- Support the process to ensure WaterAid’s presence and contribution to different strategic consultative processes related to universal access to WASH that arise within and beyond the sector.
- Facilitate various capacity building, networking, and collaborative initiatives (training courses, workshops, consultation, campaigns, lobby, advocacy, etc.) for the WaterAid program and strategic partners and WASH Networks, sector governance, and different influencing.
- Facilitate a process with sector actors responsible for universal access to WASH, networks, and partner organizations to create an enabling environment so that poor people, especially women, girls, persons with disability, and marginalized people will be able to participate in local-level sector planning, budgeting, and monitoring mechanisms.
- In addition to the above any other responsibilities assigned by the line Manager are to be done for the interest of WAB.
- Master’s preferably in Social Sciences, Law, Mass Communication, Development Studies, Public Health, and related disciplines. An advanced degree from a recognized overseas institution/University would be an advantage.
- Knowledgeable and good understanding of the Government of Bangladesh’s laws, policies, strategies, guidelines, frameworks, etc related to Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene.
- Minimum 05 years of relevant working experience in policy and advocacy with demonstrable skills. The years of experience may be relaxed for candidates with exceptional credentials and/or a fast professional growth track.
- Working experience in advocacy/influence with the local government institutions [City Corporation, Municipality, Zilla, Upazilla, and Union Parishad] preferred.
- Clear conception, updated knowledge on universal access to WASH and its related issues, and how this is structured within the government system.
- Experience in policy/strategy/ action plan formulation, report/article writing, and documentation.
- Courage for multi-tasking ability to produce results individually or through teamwork within tight deadlines.
- Ability to perform in a multi-sectoral environment.
- Ability to identify priorities, design programs and produce deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Analytical ability to analyze policies and strategies and extract advocacy and influential agenda for the WA.
- Work experience with Government/ Development Partners and INGOs and/or a good understanding of Government and Development partners’ work environment would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Writing skills in Bangla (Skill of Bangla typing is a must) and English.
- Ability to establish good relationships and rapport with stakeholders and partners; encourage cooperation from other teams and maintain networks outside the organization.
- Skills to use different technological resources (computer, multimedia projector, internet, email, computer-aided systems, widely used software, etc.).
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills.
- Media (Print, electronic, and Social media) relations skills
- Must be a person who is self-motivated with good interpersonal skills and the capacity to understand and walk with people from all walks of life.
- Possess personal integrity, flexible attitude, sense of transparency, proactive stance, and respect for gender and organizational culture.
- Competent in upholding organizational values, and willingness to promote integrity in line with organizational mission and vision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Job Location: Dhaka.
Salary: Not specified.
Benefits: As per the company policy.
Application Deadline: 20 February 2024
Application link: http://tinyurl.com/2apmyb2h