Making cheese balls at home is surprisingly easy and fun; you only need a few everyday items. Cheese balls made at home are a great example of the simple pleasures you can find in cooking. They can be a welcome appetiser for a group or a relaxing treat.
8 oz (226 g) softened cream cheese
1 1/2 cups of grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fish or soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon of powdered garlic
1/2 teaspoon powdered onion
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Mix the softened cream cheese, the grated mozzarella cheese, the chopped green onions, the fish or soy sauce, the garlic powder, the onion powder, and the black pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix well until all of the ingredients are spread out equally.
- Use your hands to roll small pieces of the cheese paste into balls that are easy to eat.
- Put the cheese balls on a platter or pan lined with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Once you've made all the cheese balls, put them on a plate or tray, cover it with plastic wrap, and put it in the fridge for at least 1 to 2 hours. This lets the flavours come together and makes the cheese balls firmer.
- You may pair the cheese balls with whatever you want.
Make cheese balls at home for a tasty appetiser or party snack!