A trader, who was bitten by a snake, died due to alleged negligence by physicians in Lalpur upazila of Natore on Thursday night, his family said.
Mahbub, 27, was a resident of Ramandapur village under the upazila and had a small business at a local bazar.
Family members said a poisonous snake bit him while he was washing face at a tube well in his yard around 8:30pm, reports UNB.
He was rushed to Upazila Health Complex where physicians found no traces of poison after testing his blood, they said.
Later, the physicians opened the rope tied on the leg of the youth. At one stage the patient started vomiting and his condition worsened, leading to death, they said.
Sohel Rana, a physician of the hospital, said the patient might have died from cardiac arrest following shock from the incident. But no traces of poison was found in his blood.