Country
6 days ago

Two minor sisters die from suspected food poisoning in Naogaon

Published :

Updated :

Two minor sisters have died from suspected food poisoning allegedly after eating biscuits in Naogaon Sadar upazila, police and doctors said on Wednesday.

A 16-year-old boy lMoin Islam, who also fell sick after eating biscuit, is undergoing treatment at Naogaon Sadar Hospital.

The deceased were six-year-old Khadija, and her eight-month-old sister Tabassum, daughters of Jahurul of Dogachhi School Para under the Sadar upazila and under-treatment Moin is the son of one Pilot of the same village.

Shahjahan Ali, paternal uncle of the deceased, said the three ate biscuits they bought from a local shop and then started vomiting on Tuesday afternoon.

After giving them first aid at home the sisters were rushed to Sadar Hospital where physicians declared Tabassum dead. Khadija also breathed her last on way to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital, he said, adding that Moin is receiving treatment at the Sadar Hospital.

Sadar Model Police Station’ Officer-in-Charge Jahidul Haq confirmed the deaths quoting physicians that the children might have died due to food poisoning from the biscuits.

The reason behind their deaths will be ascertained after autopsy, he said, adding the bodies will be handed over to the families upon legal procedures.

A case was filed in this regard, the OC added.

Share this news