A schoolboy died from electrocution at Kholsi village of Benapole on Monday night.
The deceased was identified as Alif Hossain (11), son of Alim Morol, a resident of the village, a news agency reported.
Alif was a student of class III of Kholsi Government Primary School.
Abdul Hadi, Putkhali union parisad chairman said that Alif was injured critically when he came in contact with a live electric wire connected with charger of a human hauler (easy bike) at his brother-in-law’s house at night.
Later, he died on his way to the hospital.